:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Weekly News LX
Top Pagina
Auteur: Arnt Karlsen
Aan: dng
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: Re: [DNG] Devuan Weekly News LX (Errata)
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan Weekly News LX
On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 11:29:34 -0000, chillfan@??? wrote in
message <7ece505dfe773438d59e85b68f9a7b45.startmail@www.startmail.com>:

> # Devuan News Issue LX
>
> __Volume 03, Week 1, Devuan Week 60__
>
> Released 12016/1/04
>
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-editors/devuan-news/wikis/past-issues/volume-03/issue-060
>
> ## Editorial

> ### [A discussion about mount-points] [1]
>
> Steve Litt asked about the preferred behaviour for an auto-mounter
> program he is writing in relation to his Python presentation at
> GoLUG, and the discussion that followed turns out to be instructive
> for managing mount points. Teodoro Santoni's comments provide [useful
> tips about UUID's][2], Arnt Karlsen talked about the [purpose of

..er, I did not, I asked the (I believe timely) question
"..where did the "/media tradition" come from anyway? "
and thenafter it was Stephanie Daugherty who _answered_
my question by talking about said purpose.

> the /media directory][3] and Adam Borowski expanded on this by
> explaining the [security implications behind the mount point
> structures][4].

> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20151225.174135.dd74c0ab.en.html
> "Steve Litt asks about prefered auto mounter behaviour" [2]:
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20151225.235048.e944f0dd.en.html
> "Teodoro Santoni talked about labels and UUID's" [3]:
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20151225.213258.2828fd28.en.html
> "Arnt Karlsen talked about the purpose of the /media directory" [4]:
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20151226.054012.e204f2e8.en.html
> "Adam Borowski explained the security implications of /media
> and /mnt" [5]:

Scenarios always come in sets of three: