:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Weekly News LX
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan Weekly News LX
Le 04/01/2016 12:29, chillfan@??? a écrit :
> # Devuan News Issue LX
>
> __Volume 03, Week 1, Devuan Week 60__
>
> Released 12016/1/04
>
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-editors/devuan-news/wikis/past-issues/volume-03/issue-060
>
> ## Editorial
>
> Happy new year from the Devuan news team!
>
> In case you wondered, yes Devuan is alive and kicking. Devuan Weekly News hasn't released a single issue since last June.
> We're very sorry about that. Did you miss it? [Tell us!][feedback]

     Happy New year to the team of Devuan Weekly News. Yes we missed
you. Wondered if you were discouraged by the huge amount of off-topic
threads...

> Aside from the growing strength of the community, we have seen significant progress towards init freedom in Devuan and the approaching beta release. Important init freedom issues have been solved, and security issues will soon come into focus with an eye on the beta release for critical security updates. We are calling for volunteers on this, so feel free to discuss this on the mailing list.

     We are discovering day after day that "init freedom" is about the
emerged part of the iceberg. Debian still pretends to offer init
freedom. What is under the sea level is a whole monolithic operating
system absorbing all critical Linux subsystems like a black hole.
Therefore escaping this monster means much more than init freedom, it is
something like keeping a free Linux/Gnu OS.

     It makes more sense every day that RedHat and Debian should rename
their OS Systemd/Linux in place of Gnu/Linux. It should make sense to
them as well, but I'm afraid they deny the reality.

     Didier