:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Litt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 21:27:58 -1000
Joel Roth <joelz@???> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I would like to see Devuan as a source for innovation in the
> community in future and I think it's a great idea to offer a
> simpler kernel and boot process. It could be accomplished
> with a modest effort, and would simplify subsequent
> administration.
>
> I know it's been a discipline of Devuan's default deciders
> to avoid enhancements to Debian outside the minimum needed
> to achieve Devuan's initial goal of init freedom.
>
> > If anyone wants to debate me about this, please read the preceding
> > sentence, so at least you're debating a position I really took.
>
> If you start to develop the pieces involved, it's probably
> just a matter of time before they can be brought into the
> distribution, again conditional on our achieving Devuan's
> preliminary goals.
>
> cheers,

Thanks Joel,

With my particular skillset, I'd envision my involvement to be more of
documentation somewhat like the Manjaro Experiments
(http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/init/manjaro_experiments.htm).
With a description of how to set the thing up, others would try it, and
if there's demand, somebody would do the magic necessary to bring it
into the package manager.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2016 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28