:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
Le 02/01/2016 19:53, Steve Litt a écrit :
> How do you tell your kernel not to load an initramfs?

     There's an item in "make menuconfig" where you can tell where to
find the initramfs.

     There are two ways to build it: either provide a compressed archive
or a list of files. I'm sure you can find many howtos on the web. I
learned that ~10 years ago and built my own framework. Of course you
need to put in some applications and the easiest is Busybox.

     This means you must build Busybox, preferably as a statically
linked single executable. Building it statically is almost impossible if
it is linked against glibc. To use another libc, I think the easiest way
is to use the Buildroot toolchain; just configure Buildroot to build
nothing but Busybox.

     Once you have Busybox, you only need to write shell scripts and
discover the mysteries of starting up a Linux system. There's some fun...