:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Roger Leigh
Aan: svante.signell, dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
On 03/01/2016 14:33, Svante Signell wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> Could you please send your text below to debian-devel too? Here at
> Devuan most people are aware of the issues. Unfortunately many of the
> Debian developers/maintainers aren't :(

None of this is new. It's merely repeating the details of discussions
from years ago which IIRC were on -devel. The patches I mentioned were
merged for jessie. The /usr filesystem should be mounted in the
initramfs from jessie onwards.

See https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/MountUsrInInitramfs
Looks like they crippled the /usr mount for the non-systemd case for no
good reason though. Likely needs a tweak to the initscripts which they
didn't apply. Either way, the initramfs logic is there. The missing
bits are mentioned on the page.

Regards,
Roger