:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Steve Litt
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
On Sat, Jan 02, 2016 at 01:53:02PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

> Where can I find documentation on how to do this? The last time I
> compiled a kernel was probably in the 20th century, so I imagine things
> have changed.
>
> You mention that you recompile your kernel. What do you do every time
> apt-get upgrade brings you a new kernel? Do you re-recompile? If so, do
> you have some sort of file containing all your choices so it's easy?

There is no need to recompile anything. Just configure your bootloader
to use *your* kernel at boot. I currently have four of five kernels
installed, due to laziness in purging onld ones when dist-upgrading,
and I am using the one *I* have chosen to use.

> How do you tell your kernel not to load an initramfs?

Just remove the support for initramfs and do not provide an initramfs
option at boot. Fullstop.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]