:: [DNG] Possible bug of apt-cache sho…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Assumpte: [DNG] Possible bug of apt-cache show?
Hi Guys,

I have noticed that since I moved to Devuan several months ago, I have
"lost" the long descriptions provided by "apt-cache show". What I
mean is that if I give (just to make an example):

apt-cache show texlive-publishers

the record "Description:" contains only:

which is just the "short" description typically shown by apt-cache
search, while I remember very well that in that particular case the
"long" description was quite verbose, and included a list of all the
stylesheet made available by that package. I have also tried to force
the dump of all the records, using:

apt-cache -o APT::Cache::ShowFull=true show texlive-publishers

without any luck. Is it just me, or a choice made in Debian, or
something going wrong when packages are imported into Devuan?

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]