:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: richard lucassen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 18:35:29 +0000
Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:

> You already have that choice, you just need to exercise it: Compile a
> kernel which can mount 'your' root filesystem without the help of
> additional userspace software, be it for loading modules or for
> additional configuration, and use that: No initsomething needed.

What about security issues? I'd rather have a kernel that is provided
and built by the security team.

Of course you can compile your own kernel, a package like
"kernel-package" makes things very easy you. But we're talking
about a distrubution kernel, that's a rather different story!

I think it would be a nice extra feature to be able to opt for an
initramfs-less kernel. As an **extra** option. Not a replacement. If
you choose that option you know that there are a set of restrictions
and if you don't want that or if you have special hardware you should
opt for the "normal" initramfs version.

R.

--
richard lucassen