:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Página Inicial
Autor: Brad Campbell
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
On 02/01/16 02:18, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
> Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:
>
> [...]

> For a real deployment, this is usually just humbug and can be replaced
> with a kernel containing the drivers necessary for mounting a root
> filesystem.

That's nice, until you want to do something like an encrypted root, or
encrypted swap with suspend/resume. That's pretty hard without an initramfs.

And before you say that's a special case, it's pretty standard for any
laptop in a sensitive environment. In fact we have servers configured
that way.

Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them