:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Didier Kryn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
Le 02/01/2016 03:44, Stephanie Daugherty a écrit :
> Regardless of who proposed it, merged /usr is still a reckless change > that needlessly complicates things.

     Hey Stephanie.

     The simple fact of splitting executables between two different
directories *is* a complication; merging them back would be a
*simplification* :-). I've read, from a guy who followed the story, that
it was originally split because the first disk was too small. Wether it
has become later a usefull complication can be discussed of course :-)

     Didier