:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Góra strony
Autor: Didier Kryn
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
Le 02/01/2016 03:25, Steve Litt a écrit :
> Everything you say above

     Sorry Steve if I overlooked your post.

     Debian has a tradition to do more in the initramfs than loading
modules. They use to prepare some tmpfs filesystems before mounting the
rootfs. If they now cast their initramfs for systemd, it renders it
unavoidable. I think it just means that Devuan should provide its own
initramfs, as minimal as possible.

     Providing a alternate kernel with built-in AHCI (thanks Rainer),
the scsi subsystem, md RAID driver, and a few filesystems, without
initramfs would fit the needs of many end users. People running servers
have the skills to compile their own kernel if they aren't happy with
initramfs.

     Didier