:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
Le 01/01/2016 21:47, Micky Del Favero a écrit :
> years ago i've built a cluster of diskless servers that network booted
> using a initramfs filesystem, it's not so obscure, I admit it wasn't
> trivial to made the initramfs, but was simpler than you can think.

     My experience is the same as yours :-) I compiled kernels for
dedicated hardwares with all drivers and filesystems statically in
kernel. The initramfs is used to configure the network and derive from
the IP address where to find an NFS server. In case of problem, this
initramfs turns to a live Linux OS with an interactive session on the
console (thanks to Busybox!).