Emne: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
Regardless of who proposed it, merged /usr is still a reckless change that
needlessly complicates things.

The /usr and / split hasn't been perfectly followed, ever, but, still
achieves the goal of having a system that can be recovered from various
problems easily.

I should be able to substitute /bin/sh for init, and directly mount / and
go from there to a fully working system, regardless of my partitioning.
Period. If I can no longer do that, it's a broken system.