:: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /u…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Daniel Reurich
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] FW: support for merged /usr in Debian
On 02/01/16 09:47, Micky Del Favero wrote:
> Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:
>
>> This *is* poetterization, regardless of what Sun or anyone else
>> did before. It's supported by Freedesktop.org, and I think everyone
>> here can agree that anything Freedesktop supports is anti-init
>> choice, anti-simplicity, anti-modularity, and pro-systemd.
>
> So anything freedesktop.org supports is a bad idea a priori only
> because freedesktop.org supports systemd even if the same idea
> somebody else has years ago before systemd? For me this is a religion
> war drives by the same forma mentis of poettering's: "#notabug
> #wontfix because it works for me".

No, rather freedesktop.org and Poettering are largely synonomous. Most
of what is proposed there lately is mostly either from Poettering or his
minions and a lot of what they propose is crap at best and destructive
to the non-systemd ecosystem at worst.

>> Hey, I'll be the first to admit that sometimes you need an
>> initramfs. Maybe you have LUKS plus LVM plus software raid. Merge
>> or not, you'll need to compile yourself one heck of a kernel to
>> avoid needing initramfs. But for the very prevalent use case of
>> Ext4, no raid, no LVM, no LUKS, no silly merge, and a few
>> partitions, initramfs is as
>
> Againg you're acting as poettering: if I've a system like yours with
> ext4, without any raid or lvm or luks I can boot my system without
> initramfs, if I have a different setup I'm a heretic man to be
> converted.
>
> Will Devuan become the universal operating system that Debian pre
> systemd was or it'll only be the opposite of Debian?

Devuan will continue to use an initramfs as a default is that is the
only sane approach that provides broad support for most use cases. But
of course we will support users being able to have the choice to build
there own initramfs free system too. They just have to build the
tooling needed for that approach as packages for devuan.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.