:: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initra…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: richard lucassen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Giving Devuan sans-initramfs capabilities
On Fri, 1 Jan 2016 18:46:05 +0000
John Rigg <dev1@???> wrote:

> The 1024 cylinder boundary was why a separate /boot partition at the
> start of the disc became common, but still doesn't explain why an
> initrd.img became necessary. I used to know this stuff but it was a
> long time ago :-)

And after all I would certainly not give up a seperate /boot fs. A
separate /boot fs is very handy when running multi Linux system sharing
the same /boot (e.g. in my case, the lilo.conf is there and is
symlinked from all /etc/ directories)

I have 2 Devuan instances on two partitions. When I fsck up
the Devuan running on /dev/sda5 I can always boot into the working one
on /dev/sda3 and correct the mistakes I made on sda5

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht                                        |