:: Re: [DNG] Ummmm, no
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Steve Litt
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Ummmm, no
On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 09:00:02 -0500
Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:

> What I find ridiculous is this statement:
> "Our objectives: [...] Unifying pointless differences between
> distributions [...]"

That *is* ridiculous. So which is it: Are wall going to have rolling
releases, or is every one of us going to use a version release?

Will every one of us compile everything (like Gentoo does), or will
absolutely none of us do that?

Shall we all use OSHA approved, fully safety deviced distros like
Ubuntu, or will we all go with "you asked for it, you got it" distros
like Void?

Should "no dependency calculations necessary" packaging systems like
Slackware's be forbidden, or mandatory?

Must a liberal-artsy 4th grader use the same Linux as a nuclear
scientist?

What about USE CASE don't these people understand?

LOL

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist