:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Clarke Sideroad
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On 12/31/2015 03:47 AM, Simon Wise wrote:

> Personally I like Rox as a light file manager, it has its own unique
> workflow which takes a little getting used to but after that it offers
> a GUI interface that is very usable via keyboard alongside text
> interfaces as well as via mouse and via touch. It has very few
> dependencies and also suits a tiling, mostly text interface workflow.
> I especially like its approach to opening items, it is easy to
> customise and have several options easily available.
>
> But it isn't a clone of nautilus etc, so will be unfamiliar at first
> sight.
>
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/x11/rox-filer

My only exposure to it is trying it as a pre-configured options in antiX 15.
It is light and definitely workable.

In fact I would suggest everyone give antiX a try to explore the various
functional possibilities presented.
It is definitely applicable as a reference as it is a Debian Jessie
based distro and is without (spit) systemd.
It is all about choice and looking at the choices and approaches taken
can help.

Clarke