:: Re: [DNG] Windowmaker: was Proposal…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Windowmaker: was Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 02:47:35PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 09:46:04 +0100
> richard lucassen <mailinglists@???> wrote:
>
> > Please do not forget WindowMaker which has been a lightweight, highly
> > configurable and stable wm for many years.
> >
> > R.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> I've been trying to understand Windowmaker since 1999, and have failed.
> That's why I didn't mention it in my list of great window managers: I
> figured no Devuaners would be using it.

Hi,

I am a devuaner and I have been using WindowMaker (together with
xmonad, on some installations) since 2000, when I left enlightenment.

IMHO, there is no need to make improvements to WindowMaker, and I
honestly don't understand why people find it difficult. For sure, it
has nothing to do with the "Window$" way of managing the desktop, and
this might be the major issue here.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]