:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: fsmithred
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On 12/29/2015 09:30 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I installed LXDE into my devuan alpha 2 system, but I do not know how
> to ask for it. My system boots into a green login screen and when I log
> in it starts me off with xfce instead. In the old days when I ran
> Debian, it would start with a login screen where I could find a menu and
> select a window manager.
>
> I'm arguing for discoverability here.
>
> -- hendrik

That green login screen is Slim display manager. I'm not sure what
changed, but it's now possible to install lightdm on Devuan Jessie without
pulling in any systemd libs. I just did it a couple hours ago, and I'm
pretty happy about it. Whoever did whatever to fix that, thank you.

At the lightdm login screen, you can choose the session you want by
clicking on the wrench icon in the upper right corner.

-fsr