:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mitt Green
A: Go Linux
Cc: dng@lists.dyne.org
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
golinux wrote:

>I specifically asked what should be REMOVED from the default xfce desktop

Nothing. Xfce even lack necessary components like pdf viewer and a file archiver (xarchiver is not
their project right? They had squeeze back then but it's no longer maintained now).

>LaTex would be as useless to me a full LibreOffice. I only install the Libre office writer. ;) Others might choose Geany etc.

Geany is a text editor and not a word processor. But sure you can use LaTeX in it.

>Early on (before your arrival) there was a HUGE discussion of vim vs nano. Nano will remain as default.

Yeah, I remember, I was here but wasn't active and when decided to put my two pennies it was too late.

>As to gedit . . . I always install pluma from Mate to avoid the deps imposed by current gnome/gedit.

Mousepad does the job for me, probably the only thing I miss is a file browser pane.

>IMO NO games should be auto installed.

'tis a joke!

>On another topic . . . some progress . . . your emails are now arriving to my spam folder instead of being silently dropped.

Add me to your contacts then. Well, if you'd like to receive them (:

Cheers,

Mitt