:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Go Linux
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org, Mitt Green
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On Mon, 12/28/15, Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
To: "Go Linux" <golinux@???>
Cc: "dng@???" <dng@???>
Date: Monday, December 28, 2015, 5:59 AM

> I am currently using file-roller and evince from squeeze and am trying to avoid gtk3
> where it possible because of huge dependencies (mostly), ugly theming and occasional
> instability. These two requires about ten packages from squeeze overall and cause inability to install
> more recent versions of GNOME stuff (like epiphany-browser, gedit and so on).
> Thus, as suggested above, I would give a chance to xarchiver and zathura.
>
> As for office, I'd go with LaTeX and sc but LibreOffice is of course easier to use.
> I wouldn't include office suite to a default installation.
>
> And also I'd go with vim-tiny as it is really close to the original and without nano by default.
>
> My two pennies worth,

Mitt

I specifically asked what should be REMOVED from the default xfce desktop, NOT what should be added to avoid discussions of personal preferences like yours might evoke.

LaTex would be as useless to me a full LibreOffice. I only install the Libre office writer. ;) Others might choose Geany etc.

Early on (before your arrival) there was a HUGE discussion of vim vs nano. Nano will remain as default.

As to gedit . . . I always install pluma from Mate to avoid the deps imposed by current gnome/gedit.

IMO NO games should be auto installed

xarchiver works just fine now that I added zip/unzip.

On another topic . . . some progress . . . your emails are now arriving to my spam folder instead of being silently dropped.

golinux