:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Didier Kryn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
Le 28/12/2015 00:29, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 09:38:09PM +0000, Go Linux wrote:
>> As a result of a discussion on #devuan, I've opened an issue for suggestions to make the xfce desktop lighter here:
>>
>> https://git.devuan.org/d-i/tasksel/issues/12
>>
>> Personally, I'd start with libreoffice. Please suggest your favorite candidates for the hit list!
> It wouldn't have occurred to me to take libreoffice out of the xfce
> desktop, mainly because it didn't occur to me that it would be part of
> it!

     This is the result of the Debian policy of installing a maximum of
packages because it's free. I'm not saying this against libreoffice; I
use it sometimes but not on all hosts. I bet more than half the packages
installed in Debian are never used and the user even ignores what
they're for. The result is a longer installation process and time wasted
in upgrading packages one never uses

     I've seen also that wifi tools are installed automatically when
selecting a desktop environment, even if the host has no wifi interface!

     Didier