:: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-des…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Go Linux
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
On Sun, 12/27/15, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposals for an xfce-desktop-lite
To: dng@???
Date: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 5:29 PM

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 09:38:09PM +0000, Go Linux wrote:
> As a result of a discussion on #devuan, I've opened an issue for suggestions to make the xfce desktop lighter here:
>
> https://git.devuan.org/d-i/tasksel/issues/12
>
> Personally, I'd start with libreoffice. Please suggest your favorite candidates for the hit list!

It wouldn't have occurred to me to take libreoffice out of the xfce
desktop, mainly because it didn't occur to me that it would be part of
it!

What else is part of it?

-- hendrik

It's quite a long list. If you see anything in there you can live without, please post to the issue on git

#apt-cache show task-xfce-desktop
#apt-cache show xfce4-goodies

dev1fanboy has a minimal list posted here:

https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/desktop-light-list

That might be a good place to start. This wouldn't replace the full xfce desktop. It would just provide a lite alternative that could be built up by the user.

golinux