:: Re: [DNG] netman: Please, do NOT us…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: aitor_czr
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] netman: Please, do NOT use 17-Dec-2015 commit/merge
Hi Aitor,

I am have already applied the patch but I want to edit the patch
description under netman/debian/patches. The patch's name is not a
version number but a two words appended by the date of submission. The
patch's details do not conform with Debian's policy. I am a vim user,
but the dpkg-commit --source presented me with some other text editor
which I don't know how to use.

For the above reason I am getting different textual output when I run
your commands. running git status in the sources' root directory I
get:

edbarx@edbarx-pc:~/netman_from_backup_08.12.2015$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Changes to be committed:
(use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

    modified:   Makefile
    modified:   debian/netman-backend.install
    modified:   debian/rules

Untracked files:
(use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

    debian/patches/

Since I am getting different textual output I cannot follow your
procedure. I also need to edit the patch's description etc. to comform
with Debian.

Finally, running git-buildpackage I get:

edbarx@edbarx-pc:~/netman_from_backup_08.12.2015$ git-buildpackage
--git-export-dir=../netman_pkg_build
gbp:error: You have uncommitted changes in your source tree:
gbp:error: On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Changes to be committed:
(use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

    modified:   Makefile
    modified:   debian/netman-backend.install
    modified:   debian/rules

Untracked files:
(use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

    debian/patches/

gbp:error: Use --git-ignore-new to ignore.
edbarx@edbarx-pc:~/netman_from_backup_08.12.2015$ git-buildpackage
--git-export-dir=../netman_pkg_build --git-ignore-new
gbp:error: upstream/0.1.1 is not a valid treeish

Edward