:: Re: [DNG] Don't feed the troll
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Don't feed the troll
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015, Mitt Green wrote:

> >The donation box is full of small
> >transactions made with stolen credit cards, I have to decline this stuff
> >every week to stay clear of Stripe and Paypal's ban. So my guess is
> >that the trolls are still active and trying to hit below the belt.
>
> ‎First, how can we say that these cards were stolen (?)

it is written in the declaration of Stripe and Paypal's mails signaling
those transactions. Some other transactions were disputed right after
being made, without mention of stolen cards. Such foul transactions by
now amount to 30-40 on which I need to act upon, one by one, declining
them through a few clicks.

> and second, I can't believe that someone is trying to put down this
> project and these people.

no offence taken, but this is a bit naive. I will just speak for myself,
but many people here may contribute sad stories. Nevertheless, I'm not
calling for such a thread now.

In the logs of this mailinglist you'll find some track record of direct
personal aggressions I've suffered just by being a representative of the
foundation that is hatching this project. I'm in F/OSS since pretty
long now and people have done wikipedia pages talking about me and some
of our projects, translated in various languages. As of today almost all
of them have disappeared, as they did all mentions of me or dyne.org
contributions to free software, in the arc of only one year. My
conclusion is that we were targeted by a few deletionists with a clear
agenda. Some of them first started deleting Devuan related pages, then
crawled on...

> Who funds this?

Devuan is funded only by donations right now. We are documenting the
finances, but I'm a bit late on the task. I'll likely updated the
balance this week, we are at around 11K eur donated in 1 year.

If you are asking who funds trolls, then the only wild guess here is Red
Hat but I personally don't believe in that.

> My universe is innocent. Really.

The definition of a universe transcends that of an individual...

But I do believe you're not asking in bad faith :^)

ciao