:: Re: [DNG] Apply Rainer's patch to n…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
À: aitor_czr
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Apply Rainer's patch to netman.
aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> writes:

>>> Hi Aitor,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply. Git is reporting that the patch is corrupted. I
>>> informed Rainer about that.
>>>
>>> Edward
>>
>> Rainer's patch is not corrupted:
>>
>> $ git apply --stat ../rainer_dng-15.12.2015.patch
>>  Makefile                      |   10 +++++++++-
>>  debian/netman-backend.install |    2 +-
>>  debian/rules                  |    9 ---------

> My bad :)
>
> The above command doen't change nothing. I aplplied the patch by the
> following way (in the parent directory):
>
> $ patch < rainer_dng-15.12.2015.patch
> can't find file to patch at input line 5
> Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?

Patches are (as I already wrote in the past) commonly generated
such that the top-level directory has to be stripped away by patch (as
this means people can use different names for 'top-level directories',
ie,

patch -p1 <../patch

assuming the patch file resides above the top-level directory.

Further, as I also already wrote, the text in the first mail I sent had
the tabs in the Makefile changes expanded to spaces. This means while
the patch itself isn't corrupted (as a patch), it will end up corrupting
the Makefiles by replacing the leading tabs with spaces.