:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community (J…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: janpenguin
A: Devuan-mailing-list
Assumptes nous: [DNG] Sound in Linux
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community (John Hughes)
Looking back the past, the precursor of systemd chaos was replacement of
ALSA with pulseaudio that caused headache to many innocent users from
Debian 6.0 to 7.0. I tried to use buggy pulseaudio for months but went
back to ALSA.

Systemd built-in Debian Jessie was a disaster.

How many users are fine loosing hibernation feature that preserve
previous session over dubious-faster booting time? Usual uptime of my
Debian workstation is forty to sixty days.

> On 12/19/2015 02:45 PM, John Hughes wrote:
>
>    And all the little no-systemd irritations are fixed?
> hibernation/suspend
>        and so on?

Yes.

I installed Devuan on a HP netbook lately, suspend and hibernation are
working properly.
Two months old Devuan workstation has been running 35 five days
flawless, whose uptime is 35 days. I put it on hibernation once or twice
a day.

You seems not to understand about package dependency policy of APT. In
most cases, when a base package, that hundreds packages depend on, is
upgraded to higher version or replaced by user manually, next package
upgrade using apt-get triggers wiping out hundreds packages.

If systemd takes control over Linux kernel, it's done deal.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/linus-torvalds-and-others-on-linuxs-systemd/
https://i2.wp.com/zdnet1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2014/10/05/7aae1747-4ce3-11e4-b6a0-d4ae52e95e57/resize/770x578/4a975803117e2bffc6a1dd3d5d8dba64/systemdcomponents-svg.png

Apparently Microsoft provides Windows 10 for free. Free means without
license fee. It's deceptive. I see many Linux users do not care about
the core values of FOSS. As long as they don't spend money, it's fine.
Free as free bear!
Freedom has to provide choices. End users who have no choice become
corporate slaves who are forced to do buy or use whatever corporations
feed into.