:: Re: [DNG] Life's too short to reply…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Simon Hobson
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Life's too short to reply to trolls
Dragan FOSS <dragan.foss@???> wrote:

> If the group is so weak, that one opponent may threaten it, then something is wrong with that group, right?

No.
As pointed out, the "discussion" has distracted people from the task in hand. No-one here has to justify their desire to be systemd free to anyone - yet that's effectively what people have been asked to do. There's been a "long discussion", of a form that could be off-putting to someone new to the list - probably because they have just found out about this "Debian without the malware" distro.

Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> ... get down to the not inconsiderable business of bringing the Devuan sans-systemd OS to beta and then to production status.

+1
I've hesitated to post a couple of times when it would have been appropriate (didn't want to add noise), but since I am posting, in my opinion there's only a small window left. Debian Wheezy is already to the point where some packages are out of support, last time I updated on of my systems I got the message :
> php5 (5.4.45-0+deb7u2) wheezy-security; urgency=medium
>
>  * PHP 5.4 has reached end-of-life on 14 Sep 2015 and as a result there
>    will be no more new upstream releases.  The security support of PHP
>    5.4 in Debian will be best effort only and you are strongly advised
>    to upgrade to latest stable Debian release that includes PHP 5.6 that
>    will reach end of security support on 28 Aug 2017.

It won't be long before Wheezy is out of support and many people will be at "decision point" with a PHB demanding to know why an unsupported OS is in use. Once systems are updated to Debian Jessie with SystemD and the world hasn't ended, it could be hard for many to switch afterwards.
From my POV it does appear that there is still quite a bit to do in terms of getting the "transparent infrastructure" that most people will be expecting of a mainstream distro. I'm afraid I don't have the skills to help or I would be doing.