:: [DNG] Devuan's goal: was Our friend…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Anciens-sujets: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Sujet: [DNG] Devuan's goal: was Our friendly community
On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 18:51:02 +0300
Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:

> >is nothing but "systemd support code added to some
> >package".
>
> If it is so, why there is so much hype about it?
> I previously thought that Devuan aim was to remove
> *any* of systemd components.

I think this is settled law, settled on our mailing list many months
ago. Here's how I remember the consensus during that discussion...

Yeah, in an ideal world, we'd like to remove every rotting vestige of
systemd, but in a practical world, where if we don't timely produce
something people can actually use, this has all been for naught,
removal is a process, where on the first go-around we remove systemd as
PID1 and the process supervisor, put it out there, and then, with the
influx of devs and testers that are sure to follow, continue removing
systemd-isms as fast as we can, hopefully someday getting to the point
where we can remove them just weeks after the obfuscationists put
them in.

Does that sound like the goal the rest of you remember?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist