:: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded v…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Rainer Weikusat
To: Edward Bartolo
CC: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> writes:

>>> I am very hesitant about deleting this particular line as it has been
>>> added to clean the sources after using dpkg-buildpackage.
>>
>> Are you *sure* about that? You're overriding the default clean action
>
> override_dh_auto_clean: was produced by dh_make. Since it is
> terminated by a colon and created as a template, I understood it was
> only a section header, rather than a command, as commands are usually
> not terminated with colons.

That's a Makefile target and one specifically intended to override the
default dh_auto_clean action (as explained in the dh manpage, a part of
which I quoted). Judging from the squeeze dh_make source, a disabled
example override_dh_auto_configure will be included in a generated
Makefile.

# debmake generated override targets
# This is example for Cmake (See http://bugs.debian.org/641051 )
#override_dh_auto_configure:
#       dh_auto_configure -- \
#       -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)

There's no code for disabling the default auto clean action in the tar
file.

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am very hesitant about deleting this particular line as it has been
>>> added to clean the sources after using dpkg-buildpackage.
>>
>> No matter what you believe about this, overriding a command with itself
>> is a pointless exercise. dh_auto_clean will be invoked as part of the
>> 'dh clean' sequence, cf
>
> Please, refrain from using offensive and vulgar expressions. 'cf' is
> "complete fuck"

Considering

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cf.

your interpretation (presumably based on a seriously wrong assumption
about my attitude towards other people) seems to be "a bit mistaken".