:: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded v…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Olson
A: Edward Bartolo, Rainer Weikusat
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
> On December 17, 2015 at 2:16 AM Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:
>
> > No matter what you believe about this, overriding a command with itself
> > is a pointless exercise. dh_auto_clean will be invoked as part of the
> > 'dh clean' sequence, cf
>
> Please, refrain from using offensive and vulgar expressions. 'cf' is
> "complete fuck" which implies that my work is a total loss, and that
> is humiliating, demotivating and insolent.

It probably doesn't mean that.

>From Wikipedia:

"The abbreviation cf. derives from the Latin verb conferre, while in English it
is commonly read as "compare". Relevant direct translations of the latin verb
include "discuss/debate/confer," "oppose," and "pit/match against each
other."[1] The abbreviation advises readers to consult other material, usually
for the purpose of drawing a contrast. The abbreviation cf is sometimes
mistakenly used to mean see also."

Usually it written differently ... "blah, blah, blah, cf. this other thing"

However, other Latin abbreviations are used this way, cf. "q.v", "op cit", and
"ibid".

Peter Olson