:: Re: [DNG] Which email client can I …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Florian Zieboll
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Which email client can I use to properly quote emails?
On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 08:25:00 +0000
Simon Hobson <linux@???> wrote:

> Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
> > You might wonder why I'm so partial to IMAP: A fair question indeed.
>
> I think a fairer question would be why anyone would be against it !
> OK, there's one reason - and that's if you are not running you own
> mail server in which case you are reliant on your provider not losing
> your mail for you
> (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/03/plusnet_loses_deleted_emails/)

If the fear of loosing your mail archive is the only reason to avoid
IMAP: Many IMAP capable mail clients support synchronizing to local
folders. For those that don't, you can easily create a local (or remote)
backup with isync/mbsync which could even be evoked by the mail client
itself, like ol' fetchmail: just set up an additional "backup account".