:: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded v…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> writes:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 08:44:23PM +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
>

>> Hi Rainer,
>>
>> Thanks for your help. This means assuming a user is available at the
>> terminal during installation violates the Debian policy.
>
> But isn't there some mechanism for configuring packaes at installation
> time? I certainly do seem to get configuraton requests during
> installation. And if I choose to, I can even use some kind of
> dpkg-reconfigure command for doing the configuration later, again, or
> changing my mind.
>
> There must be ac way we can hook into this.

That's what the text at the 2nd link I posted talks about:

    Package maintainer scripts may prompt the user if
    necessary. Prompting must be done by communicating through a
    program, such as debconf,

        [more explanations]

        https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s-maintscriptprompt

So far, I haven't used debconf myself, though.