:: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded v…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Edward Bartolo
Dátum:
Címzett: Rainer Weikusat
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
On 15/12/2015, Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:
> aitor_czr <aitor_czr@???> writes:
>> Hi Edward,
>>
>> I made some changes in netman-gui.postinst:
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> if [ "$1" = "configure" ]; then
>>     /sbin/ldconfig
>> fi

> The package doesn't "install shared libraries to default library
> directory", hence, there's no reason why the postinst would need to run
> ldconfig.
>
>> while true; do
>>  read -p "Do you want netman to use a systray icon? (Y/n)" yn
>>  case $yn in
>>     [Nn]* ) line="exec=netman";
>>             file="/etc/xdg/autostart/netman.desktop";
>>             break;;
>>         * ) line="exec=netman --systray";
>>             file="/usr/share/applications/netman.desktop";
>>             break;;
>>  esac
>> done

> This is broken, cf
>
>     Maintainer scripts are not guaranteed to run with a controlling
>     terminal and may not be able to interact with the user.

>     https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-maintainerscripts.html#s-controllingterminal

> and
>
>     https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s-maintscriptprompt

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for your help. This means assuming a user is available at the
terminal during installation violates the Debian policy. So for the
moment we are stuck: on one hand there are users who want a network
manager to automatically start and automatically connect if a
connection is configured, while on the other hand, there are those
users who want netman to start only when they explicitly invoke it.

Any ideas how we can get out of this?

Edward