:: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded v…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: KatolaZ
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Rainer Weikusat
Kopio: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 06:49:44PM +0000, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
> Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> writes:
> > I think, it is irritating to first having to scroll down text others
> > have written rather than the text the latest poster has written. If
> > the latest poster wants his readers to refer to ealier posts, he can
> > state that in his reply.
> >
> > I don't consider this netiquitte, but rather, a writing style which
> > shouldn't be binding to anyone.
>
> "New text on top (mostly irrelevant) previous statements dating back to
> the time of ante urbe condita below" is the default mode of operation of
> MS Outlook (and possibly other GUI mail programs) but this doesn't make
> it a particularly sensible convention for enabling someone to follow a
> conversation. "Quote enough context to communicate what you're referring
> to, followed by replying to that" is a better idea.

The reality is that top-posting is also the standard behaviour of
gmail accounts, which coupled with html content and human laziness
produces one of the least readable and inefficient forms of email
communication. Or at least, this is what an auld auntie like you or me
will feel when reading those emails, my dear Rainer.

Conclusion: we are getting old, and netiquette is not considered
"fancy" any more today :(

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]