:: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded v…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> writes:
> I think, it is irritating to first having to scroll down text others
> have written rather than the text the latest poster has written. If
> the latest poster wants his readers to refer to ealier posts, he can
> state that in his reply.
>
> I don't consider this netiquitte, but rather, a writing style which
> shouldn't be binding to anyone.

"New text on top (mostly irrelevant) previous statements dating back to
the time of ante urbe condita below" is the default mode of operation of
MS Outlook (and possibly other GUI mail programs) but this doesn't make
it a particularly sensible convention for enabling someone to follow a
conversation. "Quote enough context to communicate what you're referring
to, followed by replying to that" is a better idea.

Another good idea would be "attach a reply to the text it's intended to
reply to" instead of to some seemingly randomly chosen other text
possibly written by a different person".