:: Re: [DNG] XFCE terminal alternative…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] XFCE terminal alternatives?
On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 09:39:18 -0600
dev <devuan.2@???> wrote:

> I like the tabs and the drop-down feature of XFCE Terminal as well as
> the light footprint. I've tried others[1] such as Terra Terminal,
> Terminator and Yakuake but can't seem to find one with all the right
> features. Any suggestions? ...installing Guake atm..

As drop-down terminal I have yeahconsole installed. No tabs, but it is
fast and fully configurable via Xresources. And it's the perfect
"session-manager" on my >10 years old laptop.

Everything else I do in tiled xterms – on my 5 years younger desktop as
well. I have lxterminal installed, but I'm not planning to get used to
waaaiting for a terminal window to open.

(BTW, it might be interesting to know, which Devuan release you are
running!)

Florian