:: Re: [DNG] XFCE terminal alternative…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Litt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] XFCE terminal alternatives?
On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 09:39:18 -0600
dev <devuan.2@???> wrote:

> I've been using Devuan on my desktop for a number of months now. Very
> nice! Only thing is about once a week the XFCE Terminal (in drop down
> mode) will sort of crash when closing GTK applications.

[snip]

> I like the tabs and the drop-down feature of XFCE Terminal as well as
> the light footprint. I've tried others[1] such as Terra Terminal,
> Terminator and Yakuake but can't seem to find one with all the right
> features. Any suggestions? ...installing Guake atm..

Guake is good for stuff that it's good for.

I've always found Xfce a little bit glitchy. You might want to try
installing and running LXDE, with it's lxterminal as an almost
identical substitute to xfce4-terminal. Not only that, but it's just
possible that xfce4-terminal will behave better in an LXDE environment
than it did in an Xfce environment. I put LXDE on all my laptops,
because if my computer simply must work, and I need a panel, then LXDE
is what I want.

You could also try Openbox plus Dmenu. And I highly recommend using
Dmenu with LXDE: It's easy.

By the way, all the preceding is a guess. And everything I suggested is
easily reversible. It's easy to flip between LXDE and Xfce.

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist