:: [DNG] XFCE terminal alternatives?
Top Pagina
Auteur: dev
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] XFCE terminal alternatives?
I've been using Devuan on my desktop for a number of months now. Very
nice! Only thing is about once a week the XFCE Terminal (in drop down
mode) will sort of crash when closing GTK applications.

Sometimes closing Geeqie will crash it, other times Firefox. Not sure
how that's related.

The application doesn't segfault, but rather the area on the desktop
which is occupied by the terminal will repaint entirely black. If I
switch to another desktop, I can trigger a drop-down which basically
moves the black area to the current desktop. Input seems to be funneled
to the application which was previously focused even with the black
window on top of everything else.

The only way to get rid of the problem is to open an Xterm and kill the
xfce-terminal process. Consequently, this also trashes anything running
in the myriad of tabs which may have been open.

I like the tabs and the drop-down feature of XFCE Terminal as well as
the light footprint. I've tried others[1] such as Terra Terminal,
Terminator and Yakuake but can't seem to find one with all the right
features. Any suggestions? ...installing Guake atm..

[1] http://www.tecmint.com/linux-terminal-emulators/