:: Re: [DNG] APT pinning no longer wor…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mitt Green
À: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] APT pinning no longer works
>>> Retaining the old way of pinning today is like retaining ndiswrapper in
>>> 2006: Perhaps religionally unpalatable, but absolutely necessary to a
>>> subset of users. I hope you don't incorporate this change.

>>> And perhaps not even religionally unpalatable: I think most folks
>>> prioritize shelter from systemd over exact compatibility with Debian.

When using Sid/Unstable you never know what the next
upgrade will be. As it was previously said package
maintainers sometimes start to use libsystemd0
dependency, and pinning actually saved me a couple of
times (like with procps, rpcbind, openvpn).

Of course this means they should be twice as careful
while upgrading their (Unstable) system. Requesting
a tinfoil hat for your truly.

Mitt