:: Re: [DNG] upower in devuan
Góra strony
Autor: Daniel Reurich
Dla: Adam Borowski, dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] upower in devuan
On 02/12/15 12:02, Daniel Reurich wrote:
> On 02/12/15 11:40, Adam Borowski wrote:

</snip>

> From what I can tell upower has dropped the support for
> suspend/hibernate presumably because it is orthogonal to what upower is
> about, and presumably for systemd, that is handled in systemd directly,
> probably via logind.

I can confirm this is the case:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/devkit-devel/2013-October/001519.html

> It may be better to split out that functionality into a separate package
> then try and maintain the old upower - especially given that upower no
> longer depends on systemd/polkit as a result.

Maintaining the older version seems to be the sensible short term
approach, but we will need a permanent fix in the form of a separate
polkit/session manager interface...

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.