:: [DNG] New Devuan/Debian installatio…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Scienceof Atomics
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] New Devuan/Debian installation advice request.

I have a 13-DVD set of Debian Jessie 8.2 that has been used to create a
working on-disk repository as determined by customizing a standard Debian
installation.

I'd like to start again with a minimum Devuan installation, then use my
on-disk repo to create my own Devuan/Debian system with an LXDE desktop.

I've been following recent posts including dev1fanboy's Debian-Devuan
conversion and the need to use angband.pl to re-install CUPS after
removing systemd and dependencies.

I'm also aware that I'll be pretty much on my own in this, but having
spent several years using Gentoo and it's increasingly entrammelled
rolling releases, I'm reasonably confident of success.

There appear to be a number of alternative starting points. The package
lists for Devaun/2.0/main and Devaun/jessie/main are different, but I've
selected the Devuan-jessie-netboot-i386-alpha2.iso as my starting point. I
intend documenting the process both for my own convenience, and perhaps to
pass along to anyone else interested.

I'd be most grateful if any contributors to this thread had advice or
suggestions to offer.