:: Re: [DNG] lightweight graphics tool…
Página Inicial
Autor: Mitt Green
Para: Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] lightweight graphics toolkits (was ExperiencingwithGtkBuilder)
>>> The issue with Gtk is that it is part of Gnome and Gnome >>> is becoming
>>> more and more entangled with Systemd.

Well, I hope things won't get that mad,
so we'll have gtk+ depending on systemd,
and reckon it won't (:

>>> Regarding writing an appli, I can only tell it's easy with >>> Xforms.

If efforts are not going any well, there is also
(n)curses library. Though I'm not certain
about the aim of the project and thus ncurses
can be inappropriate (for example if there
should be an applet for a panel like in Wicd
or NetworkManager case).

>>> I read day after day the efforts of Edward and Aitor with >>> Gtk; but the
>>> result will certainly be more shiny than with Xforms.

Please excuse yours truly, I haven't been following
the thread. For XForms, I think it's a bit outdated
(read *oldschool* and not "eye-candy" if you prefer)
like Motif.

Cheers,

Mitt