:: Re: [DNG] alternative to raspbian w…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] alternative to raspbian without systemd
On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 07:44:38AM -0300, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> Have you considered IPFire ? It is a firewall distribution, derived from IPCop, and they have a stable 2.15 release that runs on the RaspberryPI B (NOT B+) and an Alpha 2.17 that runs on the B+.
>
> http://wiki.ipfire.org/en/hardware/arm/rpi/one-b

No, I wasn't aware of this. I had a brief look at the above url, and
this seems to only support the first generation of the pi. I'm glad to
hear I can in fact run devuan jessie! I'll post back once I have that
setup to share how it went. I was planning to do exactly what has been
suggested; boot from the sd card, and use two usb drives setup as raid
10 with lvm on top for everything else. I'm aware of the bottleneck,
but was hoping that raid 10 would help with that, or would that make
things even slower? I guess I'll be getting the serial cable after
all. I have considered other SOC devices, but it looks like the pi2
has the most ram out of all of them. Thanks to everyone for your input so far.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1