:: Re: [DNG] alternative to raspbian w…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Crisp
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] alternative to raspbian without systemd
On 27/11/15 05:36, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> I'm curious about the use as a router. How many physical net
> connections can a raspberry pi have?

As per other comments yes, one Ethernet port. I have a USB ethernet
(little Edimax job) and use mine as a VERY basic router that runs
openvpn to my cloudy 'droplet' to give me an IP address 'somewhere else'
so I can use my satellite box to get ondemand/catch up TV stuff etc
etc.... :-)

Think I run dnsmaq and that's about it. The cloudy thing runs openvpn,
dnsmaq, tinydns and squid to make it a little caching router so have no
need on the Pi.

I think I installed a stripped down version of Raspbian Wheezy I found
to avoid all the 'd' nonsense.

http://www.linuxsystems.it/raspbian-wheezy-armhf-raspberry-pi-minimal-image/

Only for Pi v1 a the moment.

It isn't that fast as it is limited by the USB and my internet
connection, but I don't need it to be. And it works. Make a disk image
of the card once up and running, and when one burns out write a new one,
plug in and go....

Great little tool.

B. Rgds
John