:: Re: [DNG] alternative to raspbian w…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Aldemir Akpinar
A: Gregory Nowak
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] alternative to raspbian without systemd
On 27 November 2015 at 06:31, Gregory Nowak <greg@???> wrote:

> I was planning to get a serial cable for the pi, so I can do
> console=ttyS0,115200 to be able to interact with it from boot to shutdown,
> but saw no mention anywhere of being able to do this, so I probably
> won't get the cable. Being blind, I have no use for a screen, and see
> little point to having a keyboard with no output. So whatever
> distribution I would use needs to be light, text-console-based, and
> provide a ready to login ssh server once I put the sd card into the
> pi, and plug it in. Any comments or suggestions would be
> appreciated. I will also be needing another wired usb network
> card. So, if anyone can suggest one which you know is supported by linux,
> that
> would be great too if the list moderators will allow it. Unfortunately
> the product listings don't list the chipset a given card uses. I'll be
> shopping at newegg.com. Thanks in advance.
>
> Greg
>

> --
> web site: http://www.gregn.net
> gpg public key: http://www.gregn.net/pubkey.asc
> skype: gregn1
> If we haven't been in touch before, e-mail me before adding me to your
> contacts.

Hi Greg,
I've a raspberry pi and I've just upgraded the raspbian to Jessie. And as
expected it loaded all the systemd crap just like a Debian Jessie. What you
can of course do is that remove the systemd and revert to sysvinit. For
the serial port, Raspberry has GPIO ports which you can configure as a
serial port. In the link below you can find a very detailed explanation. I
hope it helps in your project.
http://elinux.org/RPi_Serial_Connection

However, I must say that it's not as easy as passing a parameter to the
kernel.
--
aldemir