Til: Roger Leigh
CC: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuilder
On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 05:04:41PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On 26/11/2015 15:00, Svante Signell wrote:
> >On Thu, 2015-11-26 at 15:33 +0100, aitor_czr wrote:
> >>I agree with you: using "cd build; cmake ../" with *the final purpose* of
> >>installing the spinner in the system is a contorsionism.
>
> Not really, it's directly analogous to VPATH builds with make (and
> configuring from a separate build dir with the autotools). It lets
> you cleanly separate source and build (and have multiple build
> trees). It also makes cleaning the build tree nothing more than
> removing the build tree.
>
> (I use this feature of cmake all the time--source in a git tree on
> an NFS-exported filesystem, with build trees on several different
> systems so I can build and test on multiple platforms at once.)

Sorry but I don't understand. Are you suggesting that the only way to
separate build and source with cmake is to ask the user to manually
create the "build" directory, chdir into it and launch "cmake ../"? In
other words, that cmake does not allow to do otherwise? I have used
cmake in different projects, separating build and source, and I never
had to chdir anywhere else than in the base dir. Maybe I have used
some advanced cmake "magic"?

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]