:: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuil…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuilder
Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> writes:

[...]

> ---------
> .PHONY: clean
>
> spinner: spinner.cpp
>     g++ -o $@ $< `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtkmm-3.0`

> clean:
>     -rm spinner
> --------

> So, until things get much more complicated, why not just use make?

Some more advocacy for Seriously Underused Facilities[tm]: On its own,
GNU make is pretty powerful. In particular, the 'Functions' feature
means it has an embedded, functional programming language. I have yet to
encounter something it can't handle and this included some fairly
advanced settings, eg, building a 'disk image file' for a complete
embedded OS directly from sources with doing no more than

cd directory
make

Because of this, my personal policy is "I use it for all original
developments and treat all of the countless yet-another-build-tools as
situational nuisances I have to deal with when using code written by
people who thought reading the make docs was below them" (this is
supposed to include the GNU autobellyflop toolchain in a very prominent
place ...).