:: [DNG] I never realised udev was tha…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Turner
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] I never realised udev was that bad until now
udev was just one of those things like dbus or systemd. Part of linux, I
had a vague dislike of them but not enough to actively try and avoid
them - apart from systemd of course!

Now I am trying my hand at Android development I find udev to be truly
vile. What idiot decided that you have to list your device in the
/etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules file before you can connect to it?
The file is already 13.7kB, bound to get larger with time, and I had to
use dmesg to find the vendor id for the cheap tablet I am using and add
it in!

It is badly thought out from the beginning.

I hope the vdev I have read about on here isn't like that...

DaveT