:: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuil…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: Steve Litt
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuilder
Hi Steve et al,

The only problem that comes to my mind about Lazarus and Pascal, is
many Linux users would not have a Pascal compiler (fpc)
installed on their machines. Consequently, netman will fail to build
while other packages coded in C and C++ would build without problems.
Users have a tendency to judge such a temporary failure as a bad
indication which may dissuade them from using netman.

A literal translation is definitely not the best appoach, but functions
that are my programming can still be translated, while the GUI is
created with glade and the corresponding event handlers set up. That
should provide a good working GUI skeleton which we should be able to
fleshen-up with translated code.

The above would go like this:
a) the classes for the main form and dialog box would be merged into
one basic class essentially without any ancestors. This would imply,
we would have only a collection of methods and their data encapsulated
in a class.
b) the GUI would be created using glade and the corresponding events set up.
c) a global object instance would be created using the translated
class that exposes the translated methods. These methods would be
called inside the newly created event handlers.

I think, this way, the translator should remain efficient and readable.

Edward